Fire Alarm Systems
Brands Supplied and serviced
We specialise in
With one company looking after all of your fire needs, we can work with you to ensure a risk assessment led process to provide you with optimum fire safety, with no gaps or overlaps.
If you are thinking about upgrading, fitting, or getting your Fire Alarm System Serviced,
it might be time to evaluate your over-all Fire Safety.
Things to consider
- There is a fundamental difference between how an intruder alarm and fire alarm is used;
- The intruder alarm set and unset every day and therefore is looked at, given attention and if a fault shows, it is noticed and dealt with. The fire alarm is passive and generally unseen. It is not set and unset and if a fault occurs it can be ignored, or silenced and left.
- Therefore it is vital that there is a person with responsibility for the condition of the fire alarm.
- The Irish Fire Standard ; I.S.3218:2013 deals with this and specifies that a “responsible person” is appointed.
- The “responsible person” is charged with daily attention, i.e looking at the panel to note any faults, weekly attention; testing the sounders and warning devices and also ensuring the system is maintained by a qualified person, generally quarterly.